Rockwood’s Mission and Vision for the Future
Our Mission Statement
Spokane United Methodist Homes, doing business as Rockwood Retirement Communities, is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to providing housing and services for seniors with a commitment to excellence in promoting independence, wellness and lifelong vitality.
Rockwood’s Mission Statement is alive, and guiding our vision for the future of Rockwood, its residents, management and staff. In the spirit of our Mission, Rockwood recently received HUD funding to develop Appleway Court, affordable senior living apartments in Spokane Valley. This was made possible because many Rockwood residents shared the Board’s passion for this endeavor, and had a desire to reach out and serve a segment of Spokane, Washington’s population that has a great need.
As dedicated supporters of our not-for-profit organization, staff, Trustees and residents use the Mission Statement to guide operations and to provide a framework for a vision for the future.
Our Vision Statement
Rockwood Retirement Communities is now and will continue to be a premier provider of services to seniors by being committed to:
- Diversity in population served, services, housing, and personnel
- Remaining responsive to market preferences consistent with Rockwood’s mission
- Enhancing and enriching the emotional, spiritual, social, and physical lives of those whom Rockwood serves
- Providing leadership and innovation in the field of senior housing and services
- Fulfillment of obligations to current stakeholders and to the financial viability and stability of the organization
- Community involvement and outreach
- Advocacy for public policy affecting seniors
- Building strong relations with employees and being a recognized employer of choice